Pyramid 2020.10 Released
Enhance Trusted Analytics Capabilities
Version 2020.10 is a follow-up release of Pyramid this year to 2020.0. It includes over 150 new features and functional upgrades together with numerous fixes - all designed to make Pyramid’s Analytics OS the leading platform for Trusted Analytics™ that connects your teams, drives confident decisions, and produces winning results.
- Visit the official release page. The 2020.10 includes over 130 specific customer requested features.
- A more detailed list of all the new and upgraded capabilities can be found on the key features listing page - which includes brief explanations and multiple demo videos.
- A separate listing of bug fixes is available here.
- The installer files can be downloaded from the Pyramid Customer Portal.
- Help for upgrade installations can be found here.
- Help on a new option to test an upgrade before deployment can be found here.
Pyramid 2020.10 includes numerous upgrades and fixes to existing capabilities. As such, Pyramid strongly recommends that the new release is tested on a duplicate version of an existing content database repository before any production upgrades are applied.
Areas that are most affected since 2020.0 includes:
- KPIs and Gauges changes have been made to rendering and settings.
- Embedding API - the API has been adjusted.
- REST API - the APIs for creating and updating users have been adjusted.
- Handling of user security credentials needed for certain Data Modeling widgets.
- Handling of SAP BW and HANA variables and parameters has changed.
- Handling of the "proxy account" settings for each user - for MS SSAS.
- Baseline memory settings per service as well as these adjustments:
- The NLQ engine has been shifted to run inside the "AI" service from the "Runtime" engine service.
- The number of spawned satellite jobs from the Task Engine has been limited to suit server memory.
Note: If you are upgrading 2018.x, the changes may be more significant.