Pyramid 2020.10 Issues Addressed
The following list enumerates all the main bug fixes and small features added to the 2020.10 version.
Application Fixes and Features
- Fixed an issue when using MS OLAP cubes, the column type was based on the column used to sort it instead of the data type of the column itself.
- Fixed the role security in the Data model Wizard to grant read permissions to roles according to the IMDB server role permissions.
- Fixed a Null error when using Python.
- Fixed an issue where the AI service was still looking for servers that were deleted.
- Added the ability to connect to SharePoint 2013 data source with Kerberos.
- Fixed an issue where a new data model could not be created unless 'Override Security' was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where changing the AD password caused the models' process to fail.
- Fixed an issue where the model process failed when tables were added as multi-select and the table name exceeded 255 chars in the string.
- Fixed an issue where a model process has failed with a "java.util.NoSuchElement" Exception.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Quick Discovery' was disabled after processing a model.
- Fixed an issue where uploading a file using URL failed.
- Fixed an issue where an error appeared after adding select nodes on a new Linux installation.
- Fixed an issue where creating a model with a CSV file as target failed when Pyramid installed on Linux.
- Added date-time table generator widget.
- Added "not like" option to mode filter widget
- Fixed the order of the measure subfolders in the measures tab.
- Improved the NLQ - Natural language querying - to better identify questions.
- Added direction of 'Order by' when using the NLQ 'Ask a Question'.
- Fixed an error when a hierarchy was expanded.
- Fixed an issue where a parameterized URL wasn't filtering the report when the 'ALL' member was already selected in the report slicer.
- Fixed an issue with the Expand icon, when using an attribute rather than a hierarchy.
- Fixed a Black screen when creating a new 'Discover' by some users, related to the favorite tab.
- Fixed a Black screen issue occurring for some viewer users, related to their history tab.
- Fixed a Black screen issue in Discover when using the 'Reverse Analytic' workspace type.
- Fixed an issue when running the query in Discovery that is opened in maintenance mode.
- Fixed an issue when trying to open reports resulted in an error "Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 on open".
- When changing the caption property of an attribute, the name of the attribute will now appear in the visual instead of the name of the attribute.
- Fixed the Tree slicer search.
- Fixed an error when opening hierarchy that contained the character '
- Enabled the 'More Colors' option for the Grid Column background color.
- Fixed the position of the Totals when selecting 'top position' on the tabular grid.
- Fixed an issue where slicers were not visible after an upgrade.
- Fixed an issue when trying to show totals.
- Fixed an issue where a label format change did not affect the format of the value shown in a tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the yellow band color did not appear in a Gauge KPI.
- Fixed several Grid Headers alignment issues.
- Fixed an issue where Discover Lite did not allow selection and measure panels to be resized.
- Named sets of measures are now supported.
- Fixed a value format issue in the Drill-through screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Drop Zones disappeared after clicking the Gauge icon in a specific scenario.
- Fixed Minor slicers' visual issues related to colors and fonts.
- Removed the 'Use Trigger' checkbox when creating an Alert.
- Fixed a behavior bug when selecting a parameterized slicer in a specific scenario.
- Fixed an issue where the record button does not work for the global conversation.
- Added the ability to select/deselect and search items across element trees and custom elements.
- Added warning indicator when the slicer limit is reached.
- Added ability to prevent users from Printing Discover reports.
- Added ability to extract data catalog report
- Added the ability to save mapping zoom level and formatting
- Improved query performance when using MS Tabular data source, Sort dimension by measure.
- Fixed issues relating to user typed input on SAP BW predefined parameters.
- Fixed a 'Mixed content' error when running in AWS under Load Balance.
- Fixed an issue with Sub Totals, related to the 'All' level.
- Improved performance in the query engine related to the use of "use Explicit Sets" when using totals.
- Fixed an issue where Grand totals value would change when expanding and collapsing a member.
- Fixed the behavior of filtered lists in MDX vs. SQL.
- Fixed an issue where an error "Expression contains too many tuples" appeared in discoveries after an upgrade.
- Various chart related bugs have been fixed but there was also some redesign made to simplify or improve the visualization.
- Added new text customization options for Gauges.
- Added ability to set primary and secondary Y-axis titles and formatting separately.
- Stacked area charts can now stack Measures.
- Fixed the ability to edit the line chart in the secondary axis.
- Fixed a Black Screen issue occurring when an empty date was added to the Stacked Area Chart.
- Fixed an issue where locations that were selected in the query, were not appearing on the map.
- Fixed an issue where the Primary and secondary Y-axis labels run the opposite way.
- Fixed an issue with maps where the Geo-spatial defaults were not retained.
- Fixed an issue where using the custom tick interval can cause the browser to crash if the user entered a low number while the axis value was very high.
- Fixed an issue with the font size of the data labels on stacked bar charts and point charts couldn’t be changed.
- Fixed an issue where a chart was missing the X/Y-Axis in the mobile application.
- Fixed an issue when using 'Analyze Further' from a chart based on a set containing a 'Switch Set'.
- Blocked viewers the ability to open a presentation in edit mode.
- Fixed several visual inconsistencies between Chrome and IE.
- Fixed a "Cannot read property length of undefined" error when opening a 'Present'.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Trellis' and 'Custom Title' are settings are removed when a query returned no results.
- Fixed an issue where the filters did not appear when Panel was in full-screen mode.
- Fixed an issue where Sunburst segments were not highlighted correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a panel that showed an error due to a wrong filter selection did not refresh once the filter was set correctly.
- Fixed an issue where some components were removed from a presentation after an upgrade.
- Fixed an issue where the Esc key did not close browser full-screen mode when presentation opened in direct link in IE11.
- Fixed an issue where 'Scale to Fit' and 'Scale Up & Down' were not working correctly when in right-to-left UI.
- Fixed an issue where slicers did not successfully load.
- Fixed an issue where a tiled presentation that was opened via a link had additional padding.
- Fixed an issue where the query was not filtered as expected when using a parameter slicer and moving between slides.
- Added ability to open lists used in slicers via right-click.
- Fixed an interaction issue between a slicer and dynamic text (NLG).
- Fixed an issue when a parameterized slicer Interaction stopped working in a specific scenario.
- Fixed an issue when creating an interaction from a parameterized slicer to a dynamic text place holder.
- Fixed a 'Cross Model' interaction issue when queries that included cultures were used.
- Fixed an issue where a tree slicer did not interact with a text placeholder.
- Fixed an issue with Interaction between chart and grid.
- Dynamic Text (Natural Language Generation):
- Fixed an issue with dynamic text when selecting an empty cell.
- Fixed the Millions and thousands format in Dynamic text when trying to set capital K or M.
- Fixed the Text box font size when adding Dynamic text.
- Fixed an issue where the 'isqueryempty' and 'Isvalidquery' functions returned an incorrect value.
- Fixed an issue where 'findRowNumber' function did not return the row number in a specific scenario.
- Fixed an issue where a Present failed to open due to a dynamic text problem.
- Fixed an alignment issue with Hebrew / Arabic text.
- Fixed an issue where 'scale to fit' did not work when using the RTL UI.
- Fixed an issue where changing the selection in a multi-select slicer only allowed to make a single select.
- Fixed an issue where schedules of deleted publications continued to run.
- Fixed an issue where Alerts and Publications did not appear in the bulletin board nor under Unread.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Publication schedules to stop running.
- Fixed the scheduler to run according to Daylight saving changes.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to select members of a hierarchy that was created in Model as a Drill Path hierarchy.
- Fixed an issue where Gauges showed incorrect values due to a Solve Order issue.
- Fixed an issue where Gauge Dial needles moved past MIN or MAX values.
- Re-added the shapes Gauge/KPI option
- Fixed an issue creating a List using the List Builder when using a SQL hierarchy.
- Added ability to set validation of text-parameters via REGEX.
- Added ability to format values shown in slider UI.
- Fixed an issue where copying a presentation and discovery reports, then use regular paste, removed the Actions.
- Fixed an error when using the Data Source Changer in a specific scenario.
- Enabled Data Source Changer for 'Model Parameter'.
- Fixed an issue that caused the 'Data Source Changer' to not work as expected and take a long time to load.
- Fixed the 'Created by' that became null after the creator user has been deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the KPI Trellis changed after an upgrade.
- Fixed a "Could not execute statement" message which appeared in a 'Present' after an upgrade.
- Fixed an issue that caused a "Request Error - Can't run select query" error popup to appear.
- Fixed an issue where a regular 'Paste' resulted in a 'Deep Paste'.
- Fixed an issue where 'Regression Lines' were not visible after an upgrade to 2020.
- Fixed an issue that caused the save of a 'Discover' to fail.
- Fixed an issue where an 'Enterprise Admin' was unable to add a role to a folder.
- Fixed a content access security issue.
- Added the ability to keep folder structures on export/import
- Added option to control how dashboards are loaded (direct or via slide picker)
- Added direct link to a folder via URL
- Upgraded all data source trees to include used, favorites and recent items
- Fixed an issue when printing a publication to a PDF file.
- Improved error message when a print fails due to a timeout.
- Fixed an issue where 'Illustrations' in a 'Present' wasn't printed.
- Fixed an issue where following Export/Import, 'Illustrate' text objects were resized.
- Fixed several 'Excel' export issues.
- Fixed a sorting issue in an 'Excel' export.
- Fixed an issue where Gauges needle printed at the wrong spot of the Gauge.
- Fixed an issue where a Publication failed to print with a Null Pointer Exception.
- Fixed a wrong display of the 'Memory Size' pie chart, after deleting a database.
- Tutorials will be available for users according to their security permissions.
- Fixed an issue where the user name in Pyramid wasn't updated following a change of the user name in Active Directory.
- Fixed the license renewal alert message.
- Fixed an issue when using SAML authentication, it wasn't possible to import users from a CSV file.
- Fixed an issue when connecting to a data source where Custom data was not working.
- Fixed an issue where the audit log wasn't capturing the user name for the user that logged off.
- Fixed an issue where the transaction logs table was not auto truncated.
- Added ability to hide interactive tutorials
- The Chromium component in the Desktop client was upgraded. It includes numerous fixes and security patches.
- Installation security was improved:
- All sensitive information has been redacted from installer logs.
- The system account password on Linux installations is hardened with random credentials
- A cross site scripting vulnerability in the Conversations feature has been addressed
- A pseudo-privilege injection vulnerability with content items has been addressed