Pyramid 2020.25 Released
Pyramid 2020.25 (Service Pack 5 for 2020.20) has been released. It includes a collection of fixes for bugs and issues and some new features.
- The main installer files can be downloaded from the Customer Portal.
- Docker containers have been upgraded for Kubernetes deployments.
Installation & Upgrade Guidance
- Main Installation guidance can be found here.
- Help for upgrades can be found here.
- Help on how to test an upgrade before deployment can be found here.
- Help for Kubernetes deployments can be found here.
Pyramid 2020.25 includes changes to existing capabilities. It builds on other changes made since the last major release (2020.20). Please consult the notes for all versions from 2020.20 onwards on this forum to understand the impact on your deployment.
As such, Pyramid recommends that the new release be tested on a duplicate version of an existing content database repository before any production upgrades are applied.
Further, a database repository backup should be made before upgrading any production systems and repositories.
- Support for Linux Distributions: As of this version, Ubuntu 18 and 20, Debian 11, Centos 7, Red Hat 7 and 8, Oracle 7 and Amazon 2 are the supported Linux Distros for running Pyramid. Ubuntu 16, Debian 8 and Debian 9 are no longer supported. (Centos 8 itself is also now deprecated).
- Oracle NetSuite connector: A new connector to Oracle NetSuite has been added. This supports both the extraction of data from NetSuite for further processing in Model Data Flows and also Direct Query of NetSuite data.
- Auto add/remove columns in Model: During a reprocessing job, Models can now synchronize with underlying data tables by automatically adding or removing columns from model tables. As underlying metadata changes, this permits the synchronization of the model to the source database. Options for which tables to synchronize and how to aggregate new measures are also provided.
- Show Details: A new option has been added in the Administration Console to enable or disable the "Show Details" capability for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP and Tabular cubes and models.
- MS SSAS Tabular - Support for Attribute (Column) Security: The latest release of SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular engine can now support Attribute (Column) Security by user on its Semantic Models. Pyramid now allows admins to reflect this security in the models presented to users using an optional switch in the Administration Console.
- Certification Tracker: User certifications from the Learning Hub LMS system (for those customers with an LMS subscription) are now shown in the application:
- A new column in the User management section in the Administration console displays the number and level of Learning Hub certificates that each user has earned.
- The User's certification will show up in the personal details panel.
- Separate Subscribe and Print option in run time settings: The Subscribe option can now be independently set in Run Time Settings for Discover and Present.
- Kubernetes Configurator: A new, upgraded approach to creating more scalable Kubernetes-based Pyramid clusters has been deployed through the "Kubernetes Configurator" tool.
- Saved Slicer Selections for Present Subscriptions: It is now possible to select and save slicer selections when creating a subscription to Present storyboards.
- Fixed a column sizing issue in Model, which was causing long member names to be cut off in the report
- Fixed an issue where a Model file with a direct query had the table selection changed to All after import
- Blocked the options to allow multiple relationships between 2 tables in the modeling stage
- Fixed an issue where a Model based on Pyramid Content failed after an upgrade from 2020.18
- Fixed an issue where a measure formatting change in Discovery was not saved
- Fixed an issue where using Set Element Order on aggregated formulations had failed
- Fixed an issue where Actions failed to include context when the source report contains a Date Part
- Fixed an issue where a grid showed no values when using an aggregate with "currentmember"
- Fixed an issue where a report with a custom order and a null element had failed to open
- Fixed an issue where using 'Set Element Order' on a measure in a BW report caused a blank screen
- Fixed an issue where a report that is based on a tabular model with Row-level security had failed to open
- Removed the option to create Context Calculations in Analyze Further
- Fixed an issue where Pyramid was running unnecessary order queries in reports based on Azure Tabular
- Fixed an issue where using a complicated search term in Member Search resulted in a blank screen
- Fixed an issue where the benchmark popup in discovery did not work for non-admin users
- Fixed an issue where after saving a format string to a measure, it was not applied to a duplicate of the report created after the format change
- Fixed an issue where an empty grid with totals on and a cumulative measure failed with a "A general error occurred" message
- Fixed an issue where the minus sign did not appear in Grand Totals
- Fixed an issue where adding a List to a multi-select slicer and selecting all members
- Blocked the option to select 'Show Details' on Totals
- Fixed an issue where creating a measure from the context menu when the search elements were opened caused Pyramid to hang
- Fixed an issue where 'Show Details' did not filter the details based on the report filter selection
- Fixed an issue where Eliminations was removing too many cells
- Fixed an issue where 'Show Details' failed when using multiple selections in a slicer
- Fixed a connection pool issue with Redshift, which was causing queries to timeout
- Fixed an issue where an All member label appeared as Null in a grid based on BW
- Fixed an issue where Rolling Average showed the correct average only for the first member in rows
- Fixed an issue where a Stacked Area chart showed White areas when there was no value
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip didn't always show when hovering a line chart with a range slide
- Fixed an issue where small values did not appear in a Waterfall chart
- Fixed an issue where the Y-axis indicators could not be removed
- Fixed an issue where the column grand total header was cut off
- Improved readability of gauge labels
- Fixed an issue where Sunburst Chart Eliminated members that could not be shown in the visual
- Fixed an issue where a Filter dropdown was opened upwards and got cut off
- Fixed an issue where clicking a legend item in a line chart did not highlight the relevant item
- Fixed an issue where an interaction changed to Parameter Interaction after a Deep Paste of a Presentation
- Fixed an issue where a presentation failed to open with Cannot invoke \"java.lang.Integer.intValue()\" because \"index\" is null
- Fixed an issue where Analyze Further did not work after making deselection in a filter
- Fixed an issue where a Present with model mapping was not filtered correctly when slicer selection was set to All with deselections
- Fixed an issue where Analyze Further on a Present with model mapping opened the report with red chips
- Fixed an issue where running a presentation with a direct link had failed with "Something went wrong" on a Tablet
- Fixed an issue where a disabled filter did not get re-disabled after clicking on Reset in case the user made a selection without first enabling it
- Fixed an issue where "Remember user's last selection" in a filter did not work as expected in a Present that was opened using a direct link
- Fixed an issue where a filter that was disabled by default reverted back to being disabled after selecting All
- Fixed an issue where a deleted slide appeared in a Present as a blank slide
- Fixed an issue where Jump to URL did not inject the filter selections when the filter initial selection was set to 'Last member'
- Fixed an issue where a filter caption in a report that was opened by a 'Jump to Content' action was not translated as expected
- Fixed an issue where an element was not injected into an existing filter
- Fixed an issue where cascading filters in a Present did not work as expected
- Improved slicer performance
- Fixed an issue where Conditional Formatting appeared incorrectly in a Present that contained multiple reports with an identical CM
- Fixed an issue where a Present slicer caption was changed from white to grey after upgrading from 2020.18
- Fixed an issue where subscribing to a Present from runtime used the default filter sections
- Fixed an issue where a chart in a scheduled publication displayed different colors from the original discovery
- Fixed an issue that was causing duplicate subscriptions to be created
- Fixed an issue where editing a Schedule that had an End Date showed the default Value and not the configured End Date
- Fixed an issue where the UserPrincipleName() function returned the Proxy account on SAML authentication
- Fixed an issue where some settings were not saved in an Illustration that was made sharable
- Fixed an issue where the Data Source Changer showed the Technical Name of the model in the From dropdown for SAP BW
- Fixed an issue where a change in the Format String of a measure was not carried over if the report was copied
- Fixed an issue where a Dynamic Text appeared unformatted in a PDF print
- Fixed an issue where lines were cut off in a grid that was printed to PDF with Scale to Fit
- Fixed an issue where Publications and Presentation were printed with page numbers in the excel sheet names
- Fixed an issue where after changing the name of a model in the Source Manager, Discovery will still show with the previous name
- Fixed an issue where renaming a model to an already existing name failed with a general error
- Fixed an issue where SharePoint data source connections failed with "PyramidException: Failed the authentication process to the user account."
- Fixed an issue where the Filter Task Description in the Task Manager did not work as expected
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to set an initial user password after changing from DB to SAML authentication
- Fixed an issue where the System Logs export had failed
- Added the option to automatically cleanup ETL progress from repository/general/temp
- Removed some privileges from Domain Admins for improved security
- Fixed an issue where the User search did not search in the Last Name field
- Fixed an issue where the Summaries Panel took a long time to load in multi-server environments with a large number of servers
- Fixed an issue where the 'Stop All' Button on the Task manager menu canceled the subscriptions instead of stopping them
- Fixed an issue where a hierarchy that was marked in the model as "security" did not show up in the PQL editor under member security
- Fixed an issue where sorting the Database list in the Data Source Manager by "Created On" did not work
- Fixed an issue where impersonating a user when using DB auth had failed with a 500 server error
- Fixed an issue where logging into Pyramid using SAML had failed when coming from myapplications.microsoft.com
- Fixed an issue where API2/access/updateUserOpenId failed to create an enterprise admin user
- Fixed an issue where API2/content/addTag allowed to create the same tag multiple times
- Fixed an issue where API2/content/getAllTags returns only the tag ID but should have also shown the tag name
- Fixed an issue where API2/access/getAllProfilesByTenantId brings back all profiles from ALL tenants returned profiles from all tenants
- Fixed an issue that was causing an 'api.models.request.RequestShellOrigin.ordinal()' error to appear multiple times in the system logs
- Fixed memory leaks that were causing a browser crash in certain scenarios
- Fixed an issue where tooltips did not appear in the Function ribbon for a Viewer user in Analyze Further
- Fixed an issue where Pulse did not reconnect after Pyramid went down and required a manual restart
- Made some online help improvements
- Improved error message for when a satellite fails to start
- Fixed an issue that was causing a "Snapshot Isolation" error to appear in the System Logs
- Fixed an issue where inline tutorials failed when changing speed and quality
- Fixed an issue where NodeJS couldn't install Pyramid embed package for Angular on NPM 8
- Improved System Alerts sensitivity
- 4 Likes
- 1 yr agoLast active
- 3 Following