Pyramid 2020.23 Released
Pyramid 2020.23 (Service Pack 3 for 2020.20) has been released. It includes a sizable collection of fixes for bugs and issues and several new features.
- The main installer files can be downloaded from the Customer Portal.
- Docker containers have been upgraded for Kubernetes deployments.
Installation & Upgrade Guidance
- Main Installation guidance can be found here.
- Help for upgrades can be found here.
- Help on how to test an upgrade before deployment can be found here.
- Help for Kubernetes deployments can be found here.
Pyramid 2020.23 includes changes to existing capabilities. It also involves an upgrade in DotNet (for Windows hosted machines).
Pyramid recommends that the new release be tested on a duplicate version of an existing content database repository before any production upgrades are applied.
Further, a database repository backup should be made before upgrading any production systems and repositories.
Click here to read a fuller description for some of the new features.
New Semi-Additive Measures: First Child and Last Child in Model (beta) – First child and last child aggregations have been added to the semantic modeling Measure Type options.
- Support for SAP BW Double Structures in BEx Queries (beta) – Supports the derivation of measures from the key figure and characteristic structure combination defined in SAP BW Bex Queries.
- New Ribbon Tooltips – Tooltips are available for all ribbon buttons with links to advanced help where applicable.
- Model / Alert task cleaner – The task cleaner cleans model and data alert logs for a specified period of time.
- New Page Size default – Default page sizes can be set per tenant for publications.
- New Mobile Info button – Clicking on the info button displays content information for mobile users
- Chart Gallery – Provides predefined chart styles for cartesian charts
- New Workday schedule option (beta) – Allows reports to be scheduled according to the workdays of a month
- New switch in Profiles to enable or disable Auto-Discover
- New REST APIs for authentication and updating data model flows
Fixes / Changes
- Fixed an issue where checkboxes were greyed out when setting security in an in-memory model definition
- Fixed an issue where a domain admin with a hidden role from a non-default tenant was unable to create an IMDB database
- Fixed an issue where creating a model with a Hebrew Model Name had failed
- Fixed an issue where a RedShift data source returned a maximum of 10,000 rows
- Fixed an issue where the DateTime type did not pass through the Unpivot component
- Fixed an issue where using a data source connected to Pulse in a dataflow had failed
- Fixed an issue where refreshing columns in a dataflow had failed
- Fixed an issue where a Permission Denied error appears when processing a model
- Fixed an issue where adding additional tables to an existing SQL script resulted in unexpected behavior
- Fixed an issue where adding a table in Oracle Direct Query did not show varchar(3200) columns
- A clearer message will appear when trying to run a schedule after less than the minimum of 2 minutes from the previous execution
- Fixed an issue where emails were not sent when using a Variable and a dynamic email list
- Fixed an issue where copy Content using 'Copy Raw Data' was throwing an error
- Fixed an issue where map tooltips did not work as expected on small screens
- Fixed an issue where changing a profile to manual query execution caused the Discover Tutorial to fail
- Fixed a blank screen issue when running a URL action from a report containing a Date filter and based on an Oracle DB
- Fixed an issue where Copy Raw Data had failed for big report
- Fixed an issue where after changing a model name, the old model name still showed in the report metadata
- Fixed an issue where an error pop up in a report due to a dynamic caption issue
- Fixed an issue where changing a report title did not work if the new title had a quotation mark
- Fixed an issue where a Tree filter failed on a report converted from BI Office
- Fixed an issue where adding a List to filters caused the report to show 'Not Enough Information'
- Fixed an issue where setting a Format String that is configured to show a negative percentage in brackets did not work as expected
- Fixed an issue where the Custom Order on a hierarchy is removed after one of the items is expanded
- Fixed an issue where the List Builder did not find items beyond the number of items configured in the 'Elements Tree Size Limit' setting
- Fixed an issue where Copy Raw Data did not copy the correct formats when Model Formats was enabled
- Fixed a cascading slicers issue where if All was selected and then some items were deselected, the query was not filtered correctly
- Fixed an issue where the Forecast button did not work if a forecast was created before and then deleted
- Fixed an issue where a user was able to rename a measure although he did not have the permission to do so
- Fixed an issue where an expanded parent-child hierarchy in a grid could not be collapsed
- Fixed an issue opening a report that was using Model Formats and non-aggregate totals
- Fixed an issue where Copy Raw Data did when there was no value to data point in a specific usage
- Fixed an issue where Smart Discovery had failed with a "The model couldn't find item…" error
- Fixed an issue with cumulative totals where if there was a cell with no value, it was blank where it should have shown the previous value
- Fixed an issue where a Filter failed in an Exasol report
- Optimized the way Pyramid filters by statistical markers
- Fixed an issue when a report with a map chart was imported, initially, in the Legend area, it had 3 bands and after the import showed only 2 bands
- Fixed an issue with map charts where the 'Topology' map wasn't visible when 'Shapes' was selected
- Fixed an issue where the Y-Axis Line could only be set as a full number
- Fixed an issue where a dot appeared as the thousands separator in the first Y-axis label instead of a comma
- Fixed an issue where Bar Chart X-Axis labels were not centered
- Fixed an issue where the X-Axis label Direction setting did not work
- Fixed an issue where the Scale Bounds setting was not available for the X-Axis in Scatter Charts
- Fixed an issue where a KPI status indicator did not work after reopening the report
- Fixed an issue where interactions from cascading slicers were throwing an error
- Error when subscribing from present
- Fixed an issue where a grey space appeared after changing fonts of a Dynamic Text
- Fixed an issue where a 'Jump To Content Item' action did not work when a member had a square bracket in its name
- Fixed an issue where parameters interaction dialog was missing
- Fixed a blank screen issue occurring when content was using a default theme different than the main tenant's default theme
- Fixed an issue where an error message appeared after selecting Analyze Further
- Fixed an issue where opening a presentation failed with an undefined error
- Fixed an issue where disabling a filter that has All selected had failed
- Fixed an issue where a filter Disable button appears when hovering over the filter while the filter title is hidden
- Fixed an issue where creating an Advanced Slicer had failed after making free selections and a level selection
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Text and Asset usages were not cleared after the items were removed from the Present
- Fixed an issue where a background color configured under Slicer Styles in 2020.18 was missing from 2020.22
- Fixed an issue where the URL created by a filter interacting into a Web Asset wasn't encoded in the first load
- Fixed an issue where Jump To Content Item created an incorrect URL
- Removed the slide name from Tiled Presentations
- Fixed an issue where a filter failed with an Enumeration Error after Analyze Further
- Fixed an issue where #ModelProcessedDate did not update
- Fixed an issue where red invalid chips appeared as valid after clicking Undo
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Captions of Formulations have failed
- Fixed an issue where a Present that is using reports with SAP parameters have failed to open
- Fixed an issue where a parameter was not injected into a discovery report after using 'Analyze Further'
- Fixed an issue where an Action to item over BW did not work
- Fixed an issue where a change made in an unlinked content was not reflected in the Preset
- Fixed an issue where the initial value of a slicer was not injected through URL parameters if "Remember User last selection" was enabled
- Fixed an issue where a filter based on a set had failed due to interaction issues with another filter
- Users can no longer rename formulations in Analyze Further
- Fixed an issue where subscribing to a present was throwing an error
- Fixed an issue where filters in a Presentation did not apply when printing via a subscription
- Fixed an issue where schedule execution times were missing from the Job Execution list
- Fixed an issue where a Flow Visual was printed in an incorrect order
- Fixed an issue where the Triggered Launch functionality was missing from older schedules
- Fixed an issue where some dynamic text components that are based on the same query failed to print
- Fixed an issue where Enterprise Admins could not edit formulations that were copied/imported between different tenants
- Fixed an issue where using "//" to comment out text in a script caused the script to fail
- Fixed an issue where the context menu did not appear when right-clicking an existing formulation in the Formulate app
- Fixed an issue where a gauge secondary label showed the formulation name as well
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to create two calculations with the same name by renaming an existing calculation
- Fixed an aggregation issue related to using NextMember
Fixed an issue where an error message appeared after dropping an image on the canvas
- Fixed an issue where a Black screen was thrown after performing 'Save As' on content converted from BI Office
- Fixed an issue where Analyze Structure detected a broken measure but did not show the measure name
- Content descriptions now limited to 4000 characters
- Fixed an issue where exporting a presentation containing various themes, produced inconsistent color results
- Fixed an issue where printing a publication that has BW content with parameters had failed
- Fixed a text overlap issue in a Present that was printed to PowerPoint and Word
- Fixed an issue where Selected Slides did not print correctly in a Presentation
- Fixed an issue where a report with a parameter failed to export to Excel
- Fixed an issue where a Present printed to a PDF was filtered differently than how the Present was filtered
- Fixed an issue where printing to Excel failed with a "Can't export empty excel file" error
- Fixed an issue with exporting Audit Logs
- Fixed an issue where DB user licenses were not released after switching from DB to SAML authentication
- Fixed an issue when the app was using DB users and users were imported from a CSV file, the impersonate user profile disappeared
- Fixed an issue where exporting the System Logs failed with an IndexOutOfBounds exception
- Fixed an issue where Custom Maps did not show in the admin when using the Spanish UI language
- Fixed an issue where a domain user could not change a user's license between Pro and Viewer
- Fixed an issue where a role added to an admin did not appear in the Assigned Roles list
- Fixed an issue where a custom font did not work for non-admin users, when not secured by tenant
- Changed diagnostic router, agent Communication to true
- Fixed an issue where provisioning was adding duplicate users
- Fixed an issue where trying to add user email to a conversation (in German) wasn’t working
- Fixed an issue in the Proxy Account field when using a DB authentication
- Fixed an issue where Impersonate User was sometimes failing
- Fixed Password Complexity checks
- Made security improvements to embedded error messages
- Upgraded various libraries with vulnerabilities
- Fixed an issue where Duplicate users were added when importing users via the API with a different user name, but with the same SID
- Fixed an issue in the 'findContentItem' API, bringing back empty results when the 'searchMatchType' was set to 'equals'
- Fixed an issue in the 'dataSources/importModel' API, showing success but not creating the model and throwing an exception in the logs
- Fixed an issue where 'updateTargetNodeConnection' API failed when the DB didn't exist
Application / Miscellaneous
- Fixed an issue with Pyramid redirect URL, for login and log out pages
- Fixed an issue in an embedded grid, were using a global line-height style broke the grid headers alignment
- Fixed an issue where upgrade scripts failed due to a report description field being longer than 4000
- The Chromium cache folder is now emptied after a Task Engine restart
- Upgrades to help with improved integration with the application. Includes a few new how-to videos as well.
- Fixed an issue where Tutorials have failed when using non-default workspace layout
- 7 Likes
- 1 yr agoLast active
- 3 Following