Pyramid 2023.01 Released
Pyramid 2023.01 (Service Pack 1 for 2023.00) has been released. It includes a collection of fixes and multiple new capabilities.
- The main installer files can be downloaded from the Customer Portal.
- Docker containers have been upgraded for Kubernetes deployments.
2023.01 is a service pack for Pyramid 2023. A separate service pack (2020.29) for Pyramid 2020 has also been released. Both address similar bugs (where relevant), but new features are only available in 2023.01.
- Main Installation guidance can be found here.
- Help for upgrades can be found here.
- Help on how to test an upgrade before deployment can be found here.
- Help for Kubernetes deployments can be found here.
Pyramid 2023.01 includes changes to existing capabilities. As such, Pyramid recommends that the new release be tested on a duplicate version of an existing content database repository before any production upgrades are applied.
Further, a database repository backup should be made before upgrading any production systems and repositories.
There has been a tranche of new capabilities and features added in 2023.01 - with two significant new capabilities. Many other features are based on suggestions from customers via the forum (linked below) or from other feedback.
Multi-Lingual Semantic Models
New options have been added to let designers create multi-lingual data/semantic models. This includes options to use ChatGPT for auto-translation of metadata structures.
Multi-lingual models will allow different users to view the same analytic content in different languages, different numeric format styles and different date styles - without needing to create multiple versions of the content or model.
A new capability has been added to set specific slicers (data filters) as 'pre-query slicers'. This will prompt users to make selections on these items before opening a Discover report or Present dashboard.
*This capability is in beta so customers can test it out as part of the official release. However, it should not be used on production content until the next release.
- New connectors for SAP Datasphere and SAP HANA Cloud (beta)
- New option to enable direct query on custom data sources (added through custom connectors)
- Update support for Power BI Premium Workspaces to handle Multi Factor Authentication
- New 'service account' authentication options for Google BigQuery
- New "Wait" node in master flow to handle flow pauses
- New ability to search slicers with a list of multiple items (without using the existing List Builder)
- New option to print slicers in Present dashboards
- New "Next" and "Previous" slide Jump Actions in Present
- New option to tag users (with '@') when writing comments in conversations and workflows
- New ability to show total data labels for Stacked Charts
- New ability to create/add custom reference lines on a chart
- New option to choose the delimiter character for CSV exports
- Improved mechanics for changing the owner of scheduled items when the original user is deleted
- New 'gridline' show/hide option in Tabulate
- Improved handling of Parent-child hierarchies and unary operators with report Actions.
- New support for Oracle 8 Linux operating systems
- Fixed an issue where the left side of existing Joins was missing and set to Select in the dropdown
- Fixed an issue where the scroll bars were flashing in the Model Editor depending on the browser zoom level
- Fixed an issue where the data flow failed to run when using an Access file from a shared file source and multi-select
- Fixed a blank screen issue that appeared when changing tabs after processing a model
- Fixed an issue in aggregate tables where users couldn't select a measure in the target column when the source column was an integer type
- Fixed an issue where the Type setting in the Convert Columns node was changed to the default setting
- Fixed an issue where a Custom Query didn't show any of the tables when using an Access source and shared file
- Fixed a Model Mapping issue that caused a report that was opened with Analyze Further to be filtered incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where a model with a Hebrew database name created a new DB in every process if Create New Database was enabled
- Fixed an issue where after creating a custom HTTP Request Field in a JSON file source using Advanced Expression, the value did not save
- Fixed an issue where after converting a column from double to string, the column was formatted incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where tables did not appear in the data flow when using an Athena data source
- Fixed an issue where renaming a column that has the same name as another column, could rename both columns
- Fixed an issue where the Preview failed when using a Variable in a custom SQL
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to inject a variable into a model through Calculated Column
- Fixed an issue where a report based on SAP BW that was using From To parameters had failed with an MDX error
- Fixed an issue where a report that was opened from an Action when using a Parent-Child hierarchy was filtered incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where Actions > Show Details produced a 'clause is out of range...DRILLTHROUGH MAXROWS 500000...' error
- Fixed an issue where an ODBC connection showed as a data source in Discovery
- Fixed an issue where after adding or removing items in the dropzones, the list of items in the dropzone jumped to the top
- Fixed an issue where after jumping to a Content Item when both the source and target reports had the same items on rows and columns and Include Context was enabled in the Action setting, the target report was filtered incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where an Except function with a NULL element failed compilation
- Fixed an issue where an error message appeared when trying to sort using a Parent-Child Hierarchy
- Fixed an issue where a Last Child measure didn't return the correct value
- Fixed an issue handling Boolean data in an IMDB formulation
- Fixed an issue where after renaming measures using properties, the change did not save
- Fixed an issue where the Dicing menu was cut off after the first 40 dimensions
- Fixed an issue where lines did not show under the member names in an Accounting grid
- Fixed an issue where using Copy Row on a Tabular or Raw grid did not work as expected
- Fixed an issue where data labels in a chart did not appear when using custom scale bounds
- Fixed an issue where the Table Handles setting overwrote the Border setting
- Fixed an issue that was causing the X-axis labels to be misaligned with the column's position in a columns chart
- Fixed an issue where the Language setting was not retained in a Discovery after migrating it to a different environment
- Fixed an issue where the Business Logic folder button was missing in a Discovery
- Fixed an issue where the Actions option did not appear in the context menu of a visual for Viewer
- Fixed an issue where using a large font size in a Filter caused the last item in the filter to be cut off
- Fixed an issue where Highlight interaction into a mini tab did not work after switching tabs
- Fixed an issue where a mini tab action did not work when there were multiple mini tabs in the slide
- Fixed an issue where clicking the “Workflow for Report” button changed the look of the report
- Fixed an issue where the ChatBot did not respond in Present until it was invoked in Discover
- Fixed an issue where a presentation that contains filters with All selected had failed to load
- Fixed an issue where Data Interaction between reports in mini tabs couldn't be used after resetting the slide
- Fixed an issue where slicers were missing from a Present that was imported from a pie file
- Fixed an issue where cascading filters that were created in a Present could incorrectly appear empty
- Fixed an issue where a Named Range in an Excel import did not work as expected
- Fixed an issue where after importing an Excel, the font in the Tabulate was different than the Excel font
- Fixed an issue where an Excel file that was exported from Tabulate only had static values in the cells instead of formulas
- Fixed an issue where slicing a report with date calculated member by date returned empty cells
- Fixed an issue where legend items had different colors in the print
- Fixed an issue where subscription emails sometimes didn't have the content attached
- Fixed an issue where an error message appeared when trying to view the summary of a publication schedule that was stopped after a Report Trigger evaluation
- Fixed an issue where some elements sometimes didn't appear in a scheduled publication output
- Fixed an issue where report trigger names appeared as ??? when the triggers were based on a discovery that had a name in Hebrew
Added UserProxyAccount2 function under Identity functions
- Fixed an issue where Grid Rows were misaligned in Dynamic Text box when there was a scroll bar for the columns
- Fixed an issue where very long text added to Shapes tooltips caused a blank screen
- Fixed an issue where changing an object size caused the position setting to reset
- Fixed an issue where saving a discovery report caused the client to become unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where after importing an Excel file to a Tabulate, the Tabulate couldn't be saved
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to access the Private folder of another user using a direct link
- Fixed an issue where searching for a user and then clicking on the user's private content in the search results caused the client to freeze
- Fixed an issue where Hebrew model names appeared as ??? In the data source changer
- Fixed a print from embed issue that was causing the te_schedule db table to grow in size
- Fixed an issue where printing a presentation to Excel with a NoSuchElementException" error
- Fixed an issue where an error message appeared after clicking on Services > Server Instances
- Fixed an issue where after adding an Athena connector, the runtime engine required a restart for the driver to work
- Fixed an issue where the Tenant list was not sorted alphabetically
- Fixed an issue where the System Logs did not log the username of a user that tried to access an endpoint that doesn't exist
- Added an option to not log 404 errors in the System Logs
- Added a new "Use Default Measure" checkbox to resolve a performance issue that might occur when using "Characteristic Structures" in BW
- Fixed an issue where the Connection to PBI Workspace failed with a '400 Bad Request' error
- Fixed an issue where /API2/content/getFolderItems didn't return the result description
- Fixed an issue where API2/content/findContentItem didn't return the result tenantID
- Fixed an issue where /API2/access/updateUserOpenId didn't update the user's roles
- Fixed an issue where the installer presented an error when trying to use an existing SQL RDS DB
- Fixed an issue where reusing an existing DB showed a "upgradeContent failed" error
- Fixed an issue in Discover Tutorial 1 where it was not always possible to drop a measure in the dropzones
- Fixed an issue where the Help menu did not clear after clicking out of it
- Fixed an issue where the Pulse service failed to start with a "java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.isEmpty()" because "segment" is null" error
- Fixed an issue where the IMDB stopped working with a "Caused by: Failed to write table: PyramidException: Not Authenticated or Connected" error
- Fixed an issue where dotnet was not installed when Installing Pyramid 2023.00.361 on Oracle Linux 7
- Online help improvements
- Fixed Duplicate SQL Statements on Login
- Fixed an issue where Embedding did not work when using Windows Authentication
Resolution of the latest critical and high vulnerabilities found in third party components.
- 2 Likes
- 1 mth agoLast active
- 1 Following