How to add a Top 10 Filter to a Discover. From Tips & Tricks Vol 3/21
Sneak: How to add and show a Top 10 filter
The Tips&Tricks Series is produced by the Customer Success Team. It highlights several easy to follow instructions and range from simple tasks to more advanced use cases.
How to add a Top 10 Filter to a Discover
In the following scenario we are going to use the sample demo data to create a new Discovery and only show the Top 10 Sub-Categories based on Net Profit.
- Click (+) Button at the bottom of Pyramid
- Click New Discovery
- Choose your data set (For this example we are using the Sample Demo data set)
- Click Open
- Add Dimensions and Measures to your Discover to build a visual representation of your data.
(For this example, we added Product SubCategoy and Net Profit)
- Drag Net Profit to Filters and choose Top Count (Note: A slider shows up in the upper right hand side of the canvas)
- If you wish to change the slider to a text box for manually entry, Click on the 3 little dots to the right of the slide and Choose Settings
- Click the drop down arrow next to Advanced Settings and the menu will expand. Your menu should look like the picture on the right:
- Click the arrow under Type and choose Text Box
- Click OK
- You now have a Top 10 text box filter that you can manually adjust
If you have questions about these tips (or improvements) please let us know in a comment.
P.S. We will post previous Tip&Tricks as well as all new ones to keep this information active and available to all users.
- 7 mths agoLast active
- 1 Following