How to easily create aggregate measures. From Tips & Tricks Vol 6/21
Sneak: How to create Aggregate Measures with a right mouse click
The Tips&Tricks Series is produced by the Customer Success Team. It highlights several easy to follow instructions and range from simple tasks to more advanced use cases.
How to create Aggregate Measures with a Right Mouse Click
This is useful if you want to create aggregate measures within Discover, that is currently not included in the Model. In this example, average sales will be derived from sales measure in the model.
- Connect to the sample bikes data source in Discover
- Double click on Sales in the Measure Panel to add to grid
- Double Click on Product Category in Dimension panel to add to grid
- Right click on Sales and select Create Measure > Aggregate> Average
- Notice that Average Sales shows up in your Measures panel and you can now add it to your report
If you have questions about these tips (or improvements) please let us know in a comment.
P.S. We will post previous Tip&Tricks as well as all new ones to keep this information active and available to all users.
- 7 mths agoLast active
- 1 Following