How to fully uninstall Pyramid.
Attachments and the article were modified to remove the 'Pyramid' product completely.
If your original installation was with 'Pyramid 2018' and then upgraded, then you should look for 'Pyramid 2018' folders instead of just 'Pyramid'
If your installer failed, or if you have uninstalled Pyramid but some components were not removed, please take the following steps:
- Uninstall the application properly from Windows. (from the control panel)
- Check that the installation folder and Pyramid services are completely removed.
If the folder was not deleted, then manually delete it.
(The default location is C:\Program Files\Pyramid)
- Uninstall the R installation if not removed by the uninstaller.
- Run the attached command-line script if the uninstaller does not remove the Pyramid services.
Run the script as an administrator. It will stop and delete the services and remove folder shares.
This script will wipe out all services and remove the registry entries.
- Make sure NO "Pyramid ..." services exist.
- Check that the Registry entry was removed
If it wasn't, delete it manually. (See attached image)
- Reboot the machine before trying to re-install again.
Please note that when re-installing, if using a SQL instance for the Pyramid repository database, please do not use a password for the SQL account that contains any special characters.
This also applies when asked to set up the initial user.
The password MUST NOT contain any special characters.
If you require assistance, please open a support request by opening a support ticket on our Support site and attach the two installer log files.
The installer logs are in the temp folder of the user who did the installation.
By default, it can be found here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp
*replace the username with the username of the person that did the install.
The location can also be found by opening a Run box and typing %temp%.
- 2 Likes
- 3 yrs agoLast active
- 2 Following