How to fully uninstall Pyramid.
Attachments and the article were modified to completely remove the 'Pyramid' product.
If your original installation was with 'Pyramid 2018' and then upgraded, then you should look for 'Pyramid 2018' folders instead of just 'Pyramid'
If your installer failed, or if you have uninstalled Pyramid but some components were not removed, please take the following steps:
- Uninstall the application properly from windows. (from the control panel)
- Check that the installation folder and Pyramid services are completely removed.
If the folder was not deleted then manually delete it. (default location is C:\Program Files\Pyramid)
- Uninstall the R installation if not removed by the uninstaller.
- If the Pyramid services are not removed by the uninstaller, download and run the attached command-line script.
Run the script as an administrator. It will stop and delete services and removed folder shares.
This script will wipe out all services and remove the registry entries.
- Make sure NO "Pyramid ..." services exist.
- Check that Registry entry was removed
If it wasn't, delete it manually. (See attached image)
- Reboot the machine before trying to re-install again.
Please note that when re-installing if using a SQL instance for the Pyramid repository database please do not use a password for the SQL account that contains any special characters.
This also applies when asked to set up the initial user, the password MUST NOT contain any special characters.
If you require assistance, please open a support request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org And attach the 2 installer log files.
The installer logs are located in the temp folder of the user that did the installation.
By default, it can be found here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp
*replace the username with the username of the person that did the install.
The location can also be found by opening a Run box and typing %temp%.