How to fully uninstall Pyramid 2018 when the installer fails
If your installer fails, or if you have uninstalled Pyramid 2018 but some components were not removed, do the following:
- Uninstall the application properly from windows.(from the control panel)
- Check that the installation folder and Pyramid 2018 services are completely removed. If the folder was not deleted then manually delete it . (default location is C:\Program Files\Pyramid 2018 )
- Uninstall the R installation if not removed by the uninstaller.
- If the Pyramid services are not removed by the uninstaller, download and run the attached command line script. Run the script as an administrator. It will stop and delete services and removed folder shares.
This script will wipe out all services and folder shares and remove the registry entries.
- Make sure NO "Pyramid ..." services exists.
- Check that Registry entry was removed.
If it wasn't, delete it manually. (See attached image)
- Reboot the machine before trying to re-install again.
Please note that when re-installing if using an SQL instance for the Pyramid repository database please do not use a password for the SQL account that contains any special characters. This also applies when asked to setup the initial user, the password should also not contain any special characters.
If you require assistance, please open a support request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
When opening a ticket, please send in the Pyramid install logs which can be found in the temp folder location of the user that did the install. By default it can be found here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp *replace username with the username of the person that did the install. The location can also be found by opening a Run box and typing %temp%. The file you are looking for starts with the words "Bitrock"