Community Tips: How to launch an Idea
How do I use the Pyramid Analytics Idea Forum?
1. Check for existing Ideas or Solutions:
Sometimes your Idea has already been proposed by someone else, or even been solved in the Product. May be in the Version you have not updated to.
So please start you journey with a quick search on the Page. You will find the search bar right beside your user profile.
For example this Search for "Rolling Average" gives us an existing Idea, two discussions, one blog and five more hidden posts. So let check these first.
2. Support or Comment on an Existing Idea
When you jump into the Current Ideas Section (you need to be logged in to see this area) you see that you can sort the Ideas by.
Number of Views, Newest Entries, Activity Level, Status of the Idea or Tags.
When you check on the first idea in the List, we can see that did receive quite a lot of views and Votes. If you also support this Idea, use the vote button to show your love, or add a Comment below as a reply.
This helps the Product Team to prioritize and work on the right ideas.
3. Add your own Product Ideas
Lets assume, you did not find your Idea or another solution to your issue. (You need to be logged in to do this)
How can you post your own Product Idea. When you are logged in, you can find the Product Ideas in the Product Content Section. Its split in two areas.
Current Product Ideas, where we will be posting in a minute. But may be also check out the Completed Product Ideas Section. If you 'join' there, you will receive notifications whenever something is added to the completed section.
After 'Joining' the Current Product Ideas, you can "Add an Idea".
In the Idea you have full editing power, you can add Code and attach Documents.
Ideally, the Idea includes
- the Software Version and Environment you are on
- what is the business situation, where you would need this feature
- how you currently work around the missing feature
- how big is the impact. Blocker, Essential, Nice to have...
Make sure you have written down all the necessary information, keep it short and crisp but give us enough background.
Happy? Then Press the button "Post". You can always come back later and edit your idea.
4. Status of your Idea
You will get notified if you get a comment or a status update on your idea. If you don’t please check your notification settings.
An Idea can have multiple Statuses,
- Waiting for Feedback - R&D has questions on clarification
- In Review - R&D reviews the Idea for implementation
- Planned - Idea has been added to the Roadmap
- Started - Implementation has begun
- Completed - Feature is included in Release -> Moved to Completed Ideas
- Not Planned - Not on the Roadmap
- For future Consideration - Not on the Roadmap, but might become relevant
- Archived - Lacking Votes and/or feedback from User
If you further questions about the Ideas Page, please contact the Community Team
We're happy to get your experiences and feedback on this article below!
Your Community Team
- 1 yr agoLast active
- 1 Following