No proxy account was set for user (2020.10)

When content is from an MS OLAP /Tabular data source,
after upgrading to Pyramid 2020.10 RTM the following message is shown when opening some content for the master user:

This means that the Database/SAML authentication is selected but the Pyramid user has no proxy user defined for it.
This is needed to be able to connect to a cube or tabular data source when the connection is set to use effective user as shown below:

If the data source is set to use EffectiveUserName then the Proxy Account as shown below must have an AD user setup.
Either domain\Username or username@domain

If cube security is not required then the Window Domain Access can be set to "Don't use cube security" and it is therefore not needed to set up a proxy user for each Pyramid user.

2 replies

null
    • Ray_Johnson
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I recall a time (I think) when it was possible to edit user info, but I haven't been able to recall how.

I am trying to modify the proxy account.

Is this something I shouldn't do if it is configured for Windows Domain access or am I misunderstanding how to handle this?

Thanks for your time!

• Matan_Dror
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Proxy account is editable only for specific types of authentication users such as SAML and DB - but not for AD authentication users since the value is being retrieved from the AD. (The value is synchronized from the AD and therefore cannot be edited when using AD authentication)