Pyramid Explore #1 - Are you awake? The CoffeeShop Edition

Welcome to the first Pyramid Explore Mission

In our initial Pyramid Explore Mission we are going to look at product data that has been made available by Starbucks. The Model you find at explore.pyramidanalytics.com when you start a new discover has originally been published on this page. (https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/starbucks/starbucks-menu)*

Let's wake up with some Coffee:

So what are we looking at. The Dataset gives you the ingredients of each product available in your local Starbucks. Additionally there are pictures of the Product for you to use in your visualizations.

The Data has been uploaded and prepared into a Model.

A detailled description how to join and work with the data can be found here: How to work with explore.pyramid

The Mission:

Starbucks offers an overview over their products on their homepage.  But there might be a more visual and smart way to display the content. You are invited to play with the Data and Create a Dashboard to showcase your insights into coffee to the world.

Suggested Challenges:

1. Easy: Display the top 10 drinks highlighting a particular nutritional fact in a table or graph, presentation style is key.
  2. Intermediate: Create a dynamic text paragraph describing nutritional facts that works with a slicer to change the insights displayed.
  3. Intermediate: Create a dashboard focusing on displaying The Coffee Shops menu in a modern way through interactive elements (slicers, cross visual interaction).
  4. Expert: Create a dashboard that provides the ability for the user to compare the nutritional facts of one drink against another.

You have access to the following Modules of Pyramid Formulate, Discover, Present and Illustrate. When you are finished with this mission, please save a copy into the Public Section of the explore Platform and Tag it with "Quest 03-23", your Name and "Solved". See description attached as a PDF how to do this.

The Timeline to finish this quest is until the end of may, so May 31st 2023,

If you get stuck, we will provide hints and are available for Questions, just leave them below this article. NO SPOILERS

And then?

At the end of the month we will provide a potential solution for you to review on the Quest Server and a description of the Build.

The Quests will stay on the Server for you to review and circle back. 
Lets have fun with these Challenges

*Copyright: Food composition data is in the public domain, but product names marked with ® or ™ remain the registered trademarks of Starbucks.

11 replies

null
    • Let me connect you
    • Community_chris
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Winner of the first Pyramid Explore Mission

The Pyramid Explore Team is happy to announce the first ever Winner of our Pyramid Explore Missions. We know it takes some time out of your daily agenda, to look into the data and spend time creating a Solution.  And then have the courage to post it in the Public folder. 

So please join me in congratulating Mollie Taylor to her winning Dashboard for the Coffee Challenge. 

You can access the Dashboard on the Explore Server in the Public Content folder. Or by simply clicking on the picture above.

As you can see the next challenge is already up, its time to get building and sharing. Leave your Ratings in the Public Folder. We wish you a lot of fun in the world of 'Klemmbausteine' as we Germans say.

Again: Congrats, Mollie Taylor  

• NatalieAnne_Botha
    • 11 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Christian Langmayr - is this data set still available on the Explore Server? 

• Let me connect you
      • Community_chris
      • 11 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Natalie-Anne , yes. And we do not plan to take these data sets down. More like building a library of tasks over time. Have fun

• NatalieAnne_Botha
      • 11 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Christian Langmayr I don't seem to have access to the coffee database - only the Training Models:

• Principal Customer Solutions Consultant
    • Mark_Oldfield.1
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Congrats Mollie Taylor,  great work and I look forward to seeing what you do with our next challenge. 

• Mollie_Taylor
      • 10 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Thank you Mark Oldfield !
      Really enjoyed having a play with the first dataset and can't wait to see what I can do with Legos (and maybe Tabulate!) in the next 😄

• Kate_Tickner
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Great work Mollie Taylor  thanks so much for taking part!

• Mollie_Taylor
      • 10 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Kate Tickner Thank you! Such a great no stress environment to play with Pyramid functionality and see the kinds of visualisations you can make

• NatalieAnne_Botha
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Well done Mollie !

Can we see the finished dashboard somewhere?

• Let me connect you
      • Community_chris
      • 10 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Natalie-Anne Botha You can access the Dashboard on the Explore Server in the Public Content folder.

• siva_sankar
    • 10 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Good work and Congrats Mollie Taylor

Content aside

• 1 Likes
  • 10 mths agoLast active
  • 11Replies
  • 263Views
  • 5 Following