Data Not Current

I have a view in a SQL Database and used the Data Model to pull data to a Pyramid Data Discovery view. The data in the SQL View pulls real time data, but the data in Pyramid only shows as of the date it was created. The model does not appear to be updating. I have tried to refresh the meta data an it didn't work. We just upgraded to Pyramid 2018.

4 replies

null
    • Itamar_Birenzweig
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Kevin,

To keep your data model updated, you will need to set up a processing schedule.

To do this, right click the model definition item and select Actions Panel > Schedule.

More information is available in our help section here.

Please note that Scheduling is only available for Standard and Enterprise application licenses.

• Kevin_Powers
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I was able to set up the schedule and set it to 2 minutes. I create a new Data Discovery View it will show current data. However, existing Data Discovery Views tied to that model are not updating. Is there an extra step?

• Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rather than ingest data and continually rebuild the model every 2 minutes, you would be better off to use Direct Query against your View and query the database without doing an extract / ingest / model build. This gives you access to the data as it is at the point in time you run the query, with no latency.

Drag onto the canvas your data source, in this case SQLServer, Select the Server and the DB you want, select the View from the tables list, then check the "Direct Query" box.

Process the model. This will  create a "virtual model", i.e. the definition of the model, but applied directly to the SQL View. In Discovery, Pyramid 2018 will directly query the SQL View using SQL, without ingesting and processing the data.

Hope that helps.

Ian 

• Itamar_Birenzweig
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The existing reports should update.

If after reopening the reports they still do not update, then there might be an issue here.

If this is the case, please submit a support ticket by sending an email to support@pyramidanalytics.com or from our support site here.

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 53Views
  • 3 Following