V2020 Unable to set Chart data label to white font

Hello, I have migrated content from BIOFFICE to V2020. I can not set the chart data label to white font as I was able to in BIOFFICE.  Here is a screenshot showing both discover views side by side:

Please let me know how to set the data label font color.

8 replies

null
    • "making the sophisticated simple"
    • AviPerez
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

In 2020, the font colors are automatically ignored if the contrast between the background and the foreground is too not clear enough. 

• Roland_Tagle
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Avi:

Thanks for the extremely prompt reply.  I was able to set a column chart color to a darker shade and now the data label font is white.  Is there a way to override this behavior?

Also, the setting to change the format of the label does not seem to work. See above and you can see that the amount is with two decimal places even though I set it to M.

Thanks,

• Roland_Tagle
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey Avi:

The data label format is working.  I had to deselect the "Model Formats" option in the Query ribbon.  I am all set.

• Florian_Lubbing
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dear Avi Perez ,

might there be a way to control / deactivate the "auto coloring depending on contrast"? For me it´s quite elusive whether it is triggered or not.

A white font on this darker blue color worked well for me until now ;)

Thank you, best regards

• Robert_Taticek
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Are you using the 2018 BI Office Converter to go to 2020?     I had heard that there was a 2020 version of the Converter coming out.     Has anyone heard an ETA on an upgraded Converter? 

• AviPerez
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Robert Taticek Please follow 'Product Announcements' to get emails on when things are released.

The updated converter will come out with the second service pack for 2020 (2020.02) very soon.

• Florian_Lubbing
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

We never used BI Office - started with Pyramid 2018 and updated to 2020 some weeks ago 

• AviPerez
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

More control over color settings through "readability" is now offered in 2020.02.

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 40Views
  • 4 Following