How can I print a large number of records (e.g., 10,000) into a PDF document in a presentation, as the current method isn't working?

4 replies

null
    • Let me connect you
    • Community_chris
    • 2 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,

could you give further details on what you are trying to achieve and how you are currently trying it? 'The current method' does not help us to understand what you are doing.

Thanks

• Associate Director
    • Chaitali_Bhavik_Sanghavi
    • 1 mth ago
    • Reported - view

Chris basically when you have a to report a huge volume of data eg: Incident Records for a year for a specific service. How can we display the same in presentation without a scroll. What are the best alternatives to split the data across multiple slides?

• Lead Consultant Advanced Analytics
    • Michael_Daun
    • 1 mth ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Chaitali,

I still did not get your requirement: Do you like to have a PDF document (as written in the question's title) or a Present(ation), i.e. a Pyramid dashboard?

The former could be achieved very comfortably with the Publish module: You place a grid onto one page/slide of the publication and activate the "Flow Visual" option via right click (cf. https://help.pyramidanalytics.com/Content/Root/MainClient/apps/Publish/Publish%20Pro/FlowVisual.htm).

The latter does not really make sense to me: Why should you display 10.000 lines in a dashboard? Who should read them? 😳 Especially: Why do you want to display them without scrolling? I would simply place the grid onto one slide of the presentation and let the user scroll by the means of the default scrollbar which automatically gets enabled when the grid's content is too long.

Hope this helps
    Michael

• Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 1 mth ago
    • Reported - view

Hi 

Like Michael, I'm puzzled by what you are trying to achieve.

However, outside of the particulars, Pyramid is designed as an Analytic Platform, not a vehicle for printing out multi thousand line  "green line" reports, like the in the old line printer days.

There is a mechanism in Present using the "Actions" dialogue on an object to print a Publish document and pass it any filters present on the dashboard slide.

However, producing a PDF with 10,000 rows in the grid will produce a PDF around 200 pages in length. What is the objective of this? The Publish module of Pyramid is designed to produce pixel perfect analytic report output, consisting of multiple analytic objects and typically of less than 50 pages. Even that is a big analytic report. I suspect trying to output a 200 page PDF would result in a timeout for the task under the Task Engine.

If you REALLY want to extract 10,000 rows from a grid on a Dashboard, you could use the oData option on the context menu, copy the link, then use that in something like Excel to download the data and print locally from Excel.

Note: the oData option is a separately licenced server option, so may need to be acquired for this solution. Here are the steps.

Hope that helps.

Ian

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 1 mth agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 60Views
  • 5 Following