Add Sample Demo Database After Installing New IMDB Server

If we add a new IMDB server to an existing Pyramid 2018 environment that did not have an IMDB server in the initial install, how do we set up the Sample Demo database within the IMDB server to make it available for use (both with the available sample content and for users to just interact with via the Discover and Formulate tools)?

4 replies

null
    • Daniel
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Official response
    • Reported - view

Hi Dave,

You can do this, by restoring the attached sample database to the server you have installed IMDB on. You should place it in the following location "C:\program files\pyramid 2018\repository\imdata"

Once this is done, you can add the database to the IMDB instance, by clicking on "Discover", clicking on the IMDB instance and choosing "Add New Database"

Lastly under "materialized content", find the newly added database and set the roles as required.

• Roland_Tagle
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Daniel:

I can not get the Sample database loaded into the In-Memory DB server.  Here is my settings for the In-Memory server:

When I click test, it is successful. I ensured all roles can Read/Write in server roles. When I go add a database, I do not see the option to select anything and I verified the SampleDemo.irdb is in the imdata folder:

I have restarted the Pyramid IMDB service. What am I missing?

• Daniel
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Roland,

Could you please update the username to be "default" and the password to be "pyramid". Then refresh the page and try to add the database again. 

If you want to change the IMDB password, you can do so in the IMDB config file located here:

"C:\Program Files\Pyramid 2018\imdb\irdb.ini"

Thank you.

• Roland_Tagle
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Daniel:

I updated the credentials and now can add a database.  For those that might need to do this as well, here are the screenshots I made to get the SampleDemo imdb activated.  After clicking on "Add new Database", select the "SampleDemo" from the "Select Database:" pull down menu then click "Add":

The model is loaded and you click "Finish":

Now you are back to the list of data sources to select the imdb model you just loaded:

And there you have it.  To recap, follow the previous steps to save the file in the proper location then here is how I configured the data source:

And don't forget to grant access to specific roles. 

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 146Views
  • 3 Following