Call Stored Procedure

How to call Stored Procedure from SQL Server Source with dynamic parameters values to Stored Procedure?

5 replies

null
    • Yakov_Shaul
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi mangesh desai
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'Dynamic Parameters'
    But this is how you would run a parameterized stored procedure in Pyramid ETL.

This is the SP in SQL,

And this is how to call it from Pyramid,

I hope this helps,
    Yakov.

• Chris.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Yakov Shaul,

Thank you for your reply.

Can i pass 'Pyramid Analytics' parameter value for above SP from reports selected filter value?

• rajramesh_nalla
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yakov Shaul  mangesh desai  i have @year and @weekno as  parameters in my SP in this case how can i call SP, here i want to display 52 weeks info of any year, could u suggest 

• "making the sophisticated simple"
    • AviPerez
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Your approach makes no sense. If you want to display a limited set of data in a query, use slicers and query parameters on an existing data base via a data model (direct or otherwise).

Under this approach, a stored procedure doesn't work - because its a lousy way to query a database dynamically. (Don't confuse this with other technologies that offer dynamic parameterization of the direct source. This is a weak work around to what should be executed directly from the Discover queries using slicers).

If you extract the data via a stored procedure - then query and filter as prescribed above.

• rajramesh_nalla
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Avi Perez tanq for ur response, let me know one thing i want to display week numbers from 1 to 52 in dimension hierarchy  but not manually, when i run my report week numbers should be displayed in sequential order suggest with any sample code

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 70Views
  • 4 Following