Possible to use publication outputs an input to model?

Hi

A Publish can only publish files to email and internal, not a shared folder as far as I'm aware.

I'm in a situation where I'm using a publication to extract a lot of data, where the page repeater does some heavy lifting. This cannot currently be done via modelling in an efficient manner in my scenario.

I can get my publications sent on email then use external tools to move that data to a shared location to then pick up in modelling.

But the files are already sitting in Pyramid as soon as they are published. I was wondering if there was a way for Model to pick up and use these files directly?

Or if there is a way that I'm not aware of to get Publish to write directly to the IMDB or something.

Regards

Ove

1 reply

null
    • Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 2 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Ove,

It's currently not possible to use a Publish object directly as a source in Model, nor to pick up the generated output files. 

You may be able to solve your problem with the use of Master Flows, Variable lists and Loops in Model, but as I don't know the details of what you're trying to do, it's difficult to be sure.

Hope that helps.

Ian

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 2 mths agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 29Views
  • 3 Following