Duplicate Discoveries in Presentation

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a presentation comparing the same discoveries and dynamic text side by side, driven by separate slicers.  Is it possible to use the same discovery multiple times in the same presentation as separate instances? If so how?  Currently it keeps creating background interactions that I can't remove.

Regards

Linda

3 replies

null
    • "making the sophisticated simple"
    • AviPerez
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You cannot. The query underlying duplicates is shared by all visual instances. You should duplicate the discovery and add them independently to your visual.

• Florian_Lubbing
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Linda, 

I am not sure if this meets your requirement but I want to share  a solution for a similar issue that Bob Rainey helped me out recently:

You can add separate slicers to your presentation pages and configure them with different selections. So maybe you can set up your underlaying Discover-obejct with no selection or even no filter at all and instead control your data with slicers in your presentation?

best regards

Florian

• Linda_Swanepoel
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Florian L. 

Thank you so much for your reply.  I used different slicers but wanted to reuse the same discovery.  Turns out it cant be done yet (the code wont reference them interdependently as instances of an object) so I had to duplicate the discovery for each time I placed it in the presentation.

Regards

Linda

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 27Views
  • 3 Following