Alternate header row shading

I'd like to extend the alternate shading to the header row and not just the data rows.  How do I go about that?  I didn't see anywhere in formatting to do this.  Here's an image to show what I currently have. I would like the cell with Bikes and Components to be the same gray background as the rows in the data grid. 

How do I go about this?

5 replies

null
    • Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 4 days ago
    • Reported - view

Hi  ,

Use the "alternate Rows" button in the visual menu ribbon.

Hope that helps.

Ian

• Helping create accessible data products people love
      • Emily_Kund
      • 3 days ago
      • Reported - view

Hi! Thanks for this.  I have the Alternate Rows selected (is it also available from the Formatting Panel/Matrix Grid/Settings panel?  See the image below to help me figure out why it's not providing the same results as in the image you provided.  

Thank you so much! 

• Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 3 days ago
    • Reported - view

Choose the alternate shading theme as well.

• Helping create accessible data products people love
      • Emily_Kund
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

For anyone else who is new to the tool, here's how you shade alternate rows in a table (from a newbie POV).
      1. Develop your grid. A good tip is to not do any additional formatting at this point. 

2. Select the Striped grid theme. 

Note 1: I had alternate rows previously selected because I found that option easily.  

Note 2: It appears (based on my experience), that the Undo arrow will undo the last standard Pyramid action and not to the last state. For example, I had a customer color for my header and after selecting Striped, it went to the last standard action I took (the additional row header) and not the custom color. 

Note: the alternate row header shading alternates at the header and sub-header level.  The sub-header and row have the same shading, demonstrated below. 

If there is only one header (no sub-header), then the alternate row shading extends from the header to the row, as demonstrated below. 

3. From there, you can format the table with the formatting panel to change the color of the header as well as other items (like text). 

• Let me connect you
      • Community_chris
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

Thanks 

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 days agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 21Views
  • 3 Following