Email Distribution for Publication based on Slicer

In BI Office, it was possible to create a publication with a slicer such that the generated reports could get distributed using email addresses made available via the slicer (typically as member properties related to the slicer members).  Is that available in Pyramid 2018?  When I try to schedule a publication and specify email distribution, the only option I seem to find is the static list for email addresses.

Dave F.

3 replies

null
    • Dvir_Buzaglo
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Dave,

This feature is currently unavailable , however, it's in our road map and will be implemented in a future release.

Kind regards.

• Rose_Povazanj
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there, I can see this feature, does it mean that is there but not functional yet? If it works, Where do we store and take the email address from? Is the email stored as another attribute within the same member or somewhere else?

Thank you.

• Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Rose,

Your image shows the email distribution options in BI Office, not Pyramid 2018.

In BI Office, if you want automatic email distribution by slicer, then the email address attribute in the dimension must be an Associated Attribute of the attribute / hierarchy that is being used for the slicer.

The drop down list in your image shows all Associated Attributes of Sales Rep. For automatic email distribution to work, then the email address of the Sales Rep (which you are using for slicing) will need to be declared as Associated Attribute in the cube definition.

Associated Attributes are defined in Visual Studio as part of the Cube definition.

Hope that helps.

Ian

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 163Views
  • 4 Following