Can you drill down by column instead of cell?

For example i have a date hierarchy for years , quarters and months.

The user want to click on inception date hierarchy and drill down from years to quarters so the entire presentation shows all quarters? At the moment he is drilling down on a specific year to show the four quarters.

Thanks

Nick

4 replies

null
    • Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Nicholas,

If  I understand you correctly, you are wanting to effectively swap the Attribute from Years to Quarters to Months etc., and show all the Years, Quarters, Months etc.

The Drill Down options are active on the individual members and not the entire column, so this approach will not give you what you want.

Instead, show the elements for your date hierarchy in the elements panel. Right click at the Top level and select Descendants, Year (if you are using a Pyramid defined Hierarchy you may need to select the years individually as there is no "ALL" member) and create a standard list. Do the same for the Descendants Quarter and Month. Once created select the three lists, right click and create a Variable list, effectively  a List of Lists. Select this to appear on your rows or columns. A control will also appear to allow you to select the List you want to display, Years, Quarters or Months. You should end up with something like this:

Hope that helps.

Ian

• BI-Analist @ Philadelphia Zorg
      • Erik
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Ian Macdonald I cannot find the option for the Variable list, using Pyramid 2020.17.033 here. Up to the creation of the variable list I could follow the walkthrough. How can I create the list so that I can implement this solution?

• Senior Director of Product
    • Ian_Macdonald
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Erik,

To create a Variable List, or if you like, a List of Lists, you need to select more than one List to create the List of Lists. In your screenshot above you only have one list selected, so the Variable List option doesn't appear.

Select all lists, then right click on one as below:

Hope that helps.

Ian

• BI-Analist @ Philadelphia Zorg
    • Erik
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Excellent, it works now.

Content aside

• Status Answered
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active