Report with more than 750k cell please

• Hi,

I need to know there is a way to have option to create large report from our Analysis cube data without the restriction from
    • SilverLight Cell Limit is the overall grid size limit that the main client application will handle. To improve overall performance, administrators can limit this to ensure no end users request overtly large cell sets from the server. Minimum="1000" Maximum="750000"
    •  Total Row Limit - large queries are not only represented by the overall set size. They can also be affected by the number of rows returned. This limit represents the total rows returned by a cell set. If the query exceeds this limit it will not be processed. It is used in conjunction with the Total Cells value to determine the limit of a query in the application. Minimum="1000" Maximum="200000"
    •  Total Column Limit - large queries are not only represented by the overall set size. They can also be affected by the number of columns returned. This limit represents the total columns returned by a cell set. If the query exceeds this limit it will not be processed. It is used in conjunction with the Total Cells value to determine the limit of a query in the application. Minimum="1000" Maximum="50000"
    •  Multi-grid Size represents the largest query that the engine will produce as a multi-grid object. Multi-grids are far more intensive than flat grids. Any cell set larger than this limit will force the engine to return the flat grid instead of the multi-grid. Minimum="1000" Maximum="40000"

We have for BI Office I say a good infrastructure and with option to upgrade in time. For us and our client is not the problem if wait more time to export the query but the limitation with no more 750 000 cell is too small for 2016 (the option with hide empty cell is not a solution for us).
    I see this limitation is from 2013 when SQL Server and hardware have more limitation.
    In our cube data already have calculated measure and time, there is no need to create with BI Office interface to use more engine.

This web based solution we adopted because until now we sell to our client Proclarity Desktop Professional and SQL Server and with Proclarity now can make large report with more 750 000 cell and exported to xls file not xlsx.

We have cube data where the report needed by our clients with BI Office on that 750k cell can add maximum 3 months of data and they need minimum 1 year. Our cube data is with 3-5 year of historical data .
    The solution to make report for every month, export to xlsx and then add this data to another xlsx file is time consuming and the BI Office is too good to use so small amount of our data. 

I need to know if now or in the future version you can resolve this request, if you have a plan to grow this limit I say about 2 million cell.
    In the near future the new cube solution with Tabular model from SQL 2016, I think this limitation is too small for that.

Thanks for help!

Marius

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • If you need more than 750,000 cells than you are not using these types of tools properly. Who can honestly analyze that much data? it sounds like your users are attempting to use the tools for extracting the information to be used elsewhere. If that's what you are after - use a proper data extract tool.

Reply Like 1
  • Yeh - I agree with SP. Too many people think analytic tools like Pyramid or ProClarity are for extraction. That's not what they were designed for.

BTW you should try out Power BI. It has a 4,000 row limit (!)

Reply Like
login to reply
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Liked by
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 511Views
  • 3 Following