How to change the website port for Pyramid 2018
In this article, we will explain how you can change the web site port from the default 8181 to a port of your choice.
This article assumes that you are using a local Postgres instance for the repository.
- Login to the Pyramid 2018 server and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Pyramid 2018\"
- Open and edit Config.ini
- Search for "wwwport=8181" and update it with your chosen port.
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Pyramid 2018\postgres\pgsql\bin".
- Open a command prompt from this location by holding down the shift key and right clicking > open "Command Prompt"
- Run the following command:
psql -h localhost -d pyramidg2 -U pyramid -p 12130
- You will be asked to enter a password which you can take from the Config.ini file look for the line that starts with "[data]"
- Run the below command:
delete from public server_instances where Server_description ='Web Server';
- Restart the Pyramid 2018 Web Server service found under windows services, this will reset the port to what you set it as in the config.ini.
It may take about to a minute or two for the port to take effect, so you may need to refresh and or close the browser a few times.