Isolated Storage: Avoiding the Prompt
Silverlight web and out of browser applications are allocated a default amount of isolated storage space. If an application requires more space it can prompt a dialog to the user to approve the requested increase.
Silverlight provides a setting for machine admins to increase the isolated storage to the maximum allowed amount thereby avoiding the prompt.
Please do the following on the client’s machine:
- Close all browser windows
- Open Regedit, you can do this by typing in "regedit" in a run box (press the windows key +R).
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight\.
- Right click in the white space (right hand side) and create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value with the name "AllowMaximumIsolatedStorage".
- Set the Value data to "1" Hexadecimal.
*Please note that you should backup the registry before making any changes.
Make sure to follow the correct path and changes, as any other changes could cause damage to the machine.