Setting the Last Quarter Selected in the Slicer as the Default When the Report Opens.
Trying to see the last quarter selected in the slicer, as the default selection, when the report opens.
There are 3 ways to show the current quarter selected.
- Set it up from the cube, setting the default member to be the last quarter.
- Create a parameter. And set the default member to ‘Last’
- Edit the slice, by selecting slice options, then choose the desired ‘Slice Load Mode’, in this case ‘Last’
For more advanced options, like always showing the last month
- You can create a ‘Set’ using the ASD – ‘Advanced Set Designer’ (see attached for steps)
- On the slice option, Slicer Load Mode - selecting ‘Saved Selection’ will save the selected index from the slicer list.
So when the list is updated, the position of selected will remain, thus giving the desired effect.